How do I get a lawyer/public defender?

The Washington State Bar Association can refer you to a lawyer who is experienced in the type of law you need. Additionally, the following agencies can assist with lawyer referral: Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association or the King County Bar Association.

Show All Answers

1. What is a misdemeanor and a gross misdemeanor?
2. What should a person accused of a crime (not a traffic infraction) expect to happen?
3. What hearings will I have to attend?
4. How do I make sure I get notice of my hearing date?
5. What do I do if I miss a Court date?
6. What should I wear and how should I act in Court?
7. How do I get a lawyer/public defender?