Once the scope of a request has been determined, and research completed to identify responsive records, we will notify you of any copying charges, if any.
The fees for paper or electronic copies are in accordance with the City’s Administrative Fee Schedule [PDF].
- Photocopies (black and white): The first 10 pages (per request) are free of charge. The fee for 11 or more pages is $0.15 per page.
- Scanning records from paper to electronic format: The fee ranges from $0.14 - $0.20 per page depending on the size of the document
- Records provided via email/FTP download: There is no fee as long as the requested records are already in electronic format, otherwise scanning fees above apply.
Please note, the City only has the capability to copy, print, or scan documents up to 11”x17”. Larger documents will need to be sent to an outside vendor and the requestor shall pay the actual cost of reproduction.
For large requests, the City may require a 10% deposit before making copies. The City may also provide the records in installments and require advance payment before providing further installments.
Payment can be made:
- In-person at City Hall with cash, check, credit card, or money order
- By phone – call 253-896-8618 with a credit card
- By mail – send a check or money order to:
Fife City Hall
Attn: Public Records
5411 23rd Street E
Fife, WA 98424
Arrangements can be made to visually inspect records in-person either at City Hall or Fife Police Department at no cost. During your appointment, you can identify records you would like copied (administrative fees will still apply).