2024 Comprehensive Plan Update
Comprehensive plans are the centerpiece of local planning efforts. A comprehensive plan articulates a series of goals, objectives, policies, actions and standards that are intended to guide the day-to-day decisions of elected officials and local government staff, while maintaining a long-range (20-year) perspective.
The Washington State Growth Management Act (GMA) requires cities and towns in Pierce County to perform a “periodic review” and update of their local comprehensive plans by December of 2024. The City of Fife will plan for our future through this update to our comprehensive plan.
The Comprehensive Plan (the "Plan") is a document that guides the city’s decisions on a wide range of topics and services over a 20-year time period. Some of the items it will address include neighborhoods, businesses, transportation, traffic, the environment and the community. The Plan incorporates the community's vision and values, while meeting requirements of state and federal laws.
Work on the update will occur between now and December 2024. When adopted, the Plan will be in effect from 2024 to 2044.
The periodic review relies heavily on public participation and input from residents. To this end, the city has created a Public Participation Plan that is intended to:
- Outline the methods and means by which the public can be involved in the 2024 Update Process.
- Ensure input and guidance is sought from a diverse base of participants, in a timely and effective matter, such that said input can be considered and incorporated into the 2024 Update.
- Continually ensure that elected and appointed officials, as well as staff, fully understand the community and stakeholder concerns and perspectives.
- Meet the public participation requirements of the GMA, MPPs, and CPPs.
We want to start by listening to you to understand your goals and hopes for the city’s future. Here are ways to get involved and receive updates:
- Stay Informed: Email us to let us know you would like to subscribe to our periodic email updates.
- Get Involved: Participate in workshops and surveys to let us know what you think the city should prioritize.
- Stay tuned: Check this website for project updates.
To learn more or share your ideas, contact the community development department at email@example.com or 253-922-9625.