Vacation Security

House Checks

If you are leaving town for any period of time and are concerned about your home being vacant, you can put your residence on our Department’s House Check program. Simply call the non-emergency number at 253-922-6633 prior to your departure and provide the following information:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Dates (departure and return) 
  • Any vehicles in the driveway – make/model/color
  • Any lights left on or timers-location
  • Is the house is alarmed?
  • Pets?
  • Emergency contact –Do they have a key?

 Your home will receive periodic checks by a uniformed officer while you are away.

Extra Patrol

The goal behind the extra patrol request is to address specific problems or quality of life issues within your neighborhood. If you are experiencing an on-going issue that you feel preventative patrol could address please let us know.

Please remember that extra patrol requests are completed when the officers are not handling priority calls. The duty officers diligently try to respond to all extra patrol requests when calls allow them to do so. Consequently, there may be times when the duty officers are not able to respond during the hours you have requested.

There may be a 2 to 3 day turn around on processing patrol requests. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Business Check

The goal behind the business check request is to address specific problems and issues with your business (i.e., upset customers, problems with previous employees, domestic concerns of a current employee, graffiti, vandalism, etc.) that are ongoing, escalating, or even as a preventative measure. These checks are random and when patrol officers are not on priority calls.

You can request a business check by calling our non-emergency number at 253-922-6633.


If you have an emergency or something that is in progress, call 911 immediately.