The Fife Community Center has partnered with Metro Parks to offer dance classes every Wednesday. Dance classes are split up into the following age groups; Beginning Ballet (ages 3-5) Beginning/Intermediate Ballet (ages 6-10).
Ballet classes focus on technique, posture, alignment, creative expression and performance.
- Beginning Ballet: Wednesdays from 4:15-4:45 p.m.
- Beginning/Intermediate Ballet: Wednesdays 5:15-6 p.m.
- Girls need to wear ballet slippers, pink tights, leotard and hair off the neck (ex. pony tail or bun).
- Boys need to wear ballet slippers, black athletic pants and a t shirt.
The Fife Community Center has partnered with Metro Parks to offer Jazz classes every Wednesday. Dance classes are split up into the following age groups; Beginning Jazz (ages 3-5) Beginning/Intermediate Jazz (ages 6-10).
Jazz classes focus on classic and contemporary jazz and lyrical technique with an emphasis on turns, leaps, musicality, and improvisation. Students are engaged in a supportive and safe environment that is taught at age and ability level.
- Beginning Jazz: Wednesdays from 4:45-5:15 p.m.
- Beginning/Intermediate Jazz: Wednesdays 6-6:30 p.m
Children as young as 5 years of age can have fun learning robotics! Using software while working on laptops, students will be able to program the model builds they craft using Bricks 4 Kidz model plans and LEGO® technology. WeDo bridges the physical world, represented by the models and the virtual world of computers and programming software, providing a hands-on learning experience that actively involves young students in their own learning process..
- Jr. Robotics classes are offered for students ages 5-9 on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Advanced Robotics classes are offered for students ages 9-13 from 4:30-6 p.m.