Public Arts Commission
The mission of the Fife Public Arts Commission is to identify and actively encourage the development and sustainability of the arts in the City by serving as the City's primary resource in matters of public art and culture.
The City of Fife recognizes that support for artists and arts organizations, development and stewardship of public art, arts education, and cultural development are public necessities; as such, they are essential for the continuing growth and development of Fife's citizens, economy, and quality of life. The Commission was established on March 22, 2011.
NOTICE: The regularly scheduled May 8th meeting has been rescheduled to May 15th.
Fife Public Arts Commission meetings are typically held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at Fife City Hall. Please contact Laurel Potter to confirm meeting schedules.
The Arts Commission has five to twelve members. There must be at least one member from the Puyallup Tribe, one from the Chamber of Commerce, one professional arts educator, and a student. There must be more Fife residents than non-residents on the Commission. Appointments are made by the City Council for a term of three years. Members with interests in the arts are preferred, including interests in painting, sculpture, music, literature, architecture and landscape architecture, performing arts, tribal or City history, and education.
- Jeanne Howe, Resident
- Danielle Twichel, Student
- Stelian Paraschiv, Fife Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Linda Boitano, Resident
- Mizu Sugimura, Resident
- Bob Thornhill, Resident
- Kendra Danielson, Arts Educator
- Anette Cree, Resident
- Gaven Cole, Resident
- 01 January 11 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 04 April 9 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 06 June 13 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 08 August 8 2012 Arts Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 09 September 08 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 09 September 28 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 10 October 10 2012 Arts Commission Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 12 December 12 2012 Arts Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf
Economic Development & Marketing Specialist
Fife City Hall
5411 23rd Street East
Fife, WA 98424